Custom Search

From the Author

Let us pause for a while and take a peek at the fascinating wonders of nature, the majesty and the glory of God's creation and the spectacle of human engineering. Unfortunately, I cannot go to these places in as much as I want to so, I’m just taking this virtual expedition. I hope you can join me in this online adventure.

-Arnel S. Oroceo, the Author


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Gondolas of Venice


It’s Valentine’s Day in a few days. It is a special day for lovers and it is not unusual for them to look for a romantic getaway to celebrate the special occasion.

If I can afford it, I would love to take a gondola ride with my girlfriend around Venice but unfortunately I don’t have one and I can’t afford it.

A gondola ride around the Great Canal in Venice Italy would be a delightful experience. I remember when I’m in pre-school; our music teacher has taught us a song about the gondolas in Venice and the dashing gondoliers although I can hardly remember the song now. Since then, I’ve been so interested about the romance that the gondolas of Venice promise. I can say it is one of my romantic fantasies.

According to an article, a 40-minute gondola ride around the Great Canal in Venice would range to about 80 plus another €40 for a 20-minute extension. So roughly, an hour ride would cost €120. I guess, it’s all worth it! 

Images courtesy of the following:
(check out the sites for additional information about Venice and the Gondolas)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll